The hottest trend in semi-permanent makeup is getting your microblading eyebrows done. Women everywhere are taking advantage of this technique to make brows appear fuller and well-groomed. Take back time from your brow pencil; get the perfect look without making the daily effort.
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a procedure that claims to improve the appearance of your eyebrows. Sometimes it is also called “feather touch” or “micro-stroking.”
Microblading, unlike tattooing, is not in the deep layer of skin, but more on the surface. This is also not permanent, and the colour fades within 18 months. The hair strokes are far more natural and finer than any tattoo, as a handheld needle/blade is used – there is no electrical gadget that permeates deep in this technique. There is, therefore, more of a scratching noise, rather than a buzz of a tattoo gun which pierces the skin so deeply.
Microblading is performed by a trained technician. They may or may not have a special license to perform the procedure, depending on the state in which they are working. This individual carefully draws in your brows using a special tool. The procedure involves hundreds of tiny strokes that build a texture that looks like your own eyebrow hair. Microblading results can last 12-18 months, which is a big part of its appeal.
(See youtube video tips and tricks of Microblading)
How much does Microblading cost?
PhiBrows Microblading treatment costs approx. between 1,500 -2,500 AED depending on the salon and technician. This usually includes a consultation, the initial treatment as well as a top-up treatment after 6-8 weeks.
How long does Microblading last?
Microblading lasts anything between 12-18 months, but the longevity of the pigment will depend on your skin type.
People with slightly more oily skin will tend to last around the 12-month mark before needing a top-up, but those with normal skin can last up to 18 months. Your brows will eventually fade away if you don’t continue with top-ups every 18 months or so. There is no scaring or discolouration with the pigments used, so you wouldn’t know if you left them to fade out.
The Pre-Microblading Rules
There’s a few of them…
- 1. Do not pick, tweeze, wax or have electrolysis one week prior.
- 2. Do not use sunbeds or sit in direct sunlight two weeks before.
- 3. Do not have any type of facial or peel two weeks prior.
- 4. Stop using any retinol or Vitamin A products one month prior.
- 5. No exercising on the day.
- 6. Do not have botox three weeks before.
- 7. Do not take fish oil or Vitamin E one week prior (these are natural blood thinners).
- 8. Do not wax or tint your eyebrows three days prior.
On The Day…
- 1. Do not drink alcohol 24-48 hours prior to your appointment.
- 2. Do not drink coffee 2 hours prior.
- 3. Do not take aspirin or ibuprofen 24 hours prior.
BOOK YOUR FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
- Contact: Nicole – PhiBrow Certified Technician 00971 (0) 55 246 6441
- Location: Marjan Resort and Spa, Marjan Island, Ras Al Khaimah