Written by Nailah Aljasmi | 14 November 2019
Nowadays many couples, young working professionals and families living and working in the city of Abu Dhabi’ and ‘Dubai’ are frequently looking for that place to getaway. To breath in the fresh clean air, to be in a location without traffic, noise and busyness. A place where they can relax, and recuperate.
What better place to visit than Ras Al Khaimah. It’s just a 1 hour’s drive (+/- a little traffic) from Dubai, and 2.5 hours from Abu Dhabi. Ras Al Khaimah is blessed with popular tourist attractions in the mountains (Jebel Jais) and a variety of luxury 5-star hotels alongside the coastline and in the desert. So, whatever you’re looking for, whether that’s tranquillity and nature, bbq’s and camping or a place in the mix of the action close to the local mall’s. Ras Al Khaimah has all that you need to unwind and relax within a 15-30-minute radius.
Below is a list of the ‘6 of the best places to stay in Ras Al Khaimah‘, based on previous experiences, cost, quality, variety of food options and the high standard of staff services. (Please note 1-6 is for reference ONLY and not ranked in any order of preferences or rating.)
The beauty of the Arabian desert has been a secret of the Bedouins for thousands of years. Now, visitors can experience its tranquillity, picturesque scenery and rich culture at The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert. The luxury resort brings together pampering services with opportunities to discover the land and the people, creating an unforgettable experience for the entire family.
The elements that really make this hotel stand above its competition is the variety and high-quality standard of the villas. There are four types of villa’s available for rent in Ritz Carlton Al Wadi. Khaimah, Sahari, Rimal and Rima. The largest in size is 2723 sq ft shown below (Al Khaimah).
Al Khaimah Tented Pool Villa
Luxury in the UAE knows no bounds, and the villa suites at this Ras Al Khaimah resort are no exception. Inspired by traditional Bedouin tents, each villa offers its own pool, deck overlooking the desert, a spacious lounge area and a bathroom with floor-to-ceiling windows.
The hotel offers a variety of places to dine-in or order room service to the room. They cater to all taste buds. Four dining venues:
- The Farmhouse
- All-day dining at Kaheela
- The open-sky Moon Bar
- The relaxed Moorish lounge.
The hotel has award-winning facilities and activities to keep you entertained and pampered throughout your stay. Which includes:
- The Wellness spa combes European and Asian wellness philosophies with hydrothermal facilities and private treatment pavilions.
- An Equestrian Centre offers riding lessons for all levels; horse, pony and camel rides; group outings and livery memberships.
- Archery, biking, stargazing, bird-watching, nature drives and other outdoor activities for adults, children and families
Ritz Carlton Al Wadi is a great place for events, meetings, executive retreats, family gatherings and weddings. With the vast acres of land, scenic views and idyllic backgrounds. It’s the perfect place.
For hotel booking reservations click here or call 800-47-89 for reservations assistance.
If you’re looking for a luxury 5-star experience, from the moment you arrive, with a breathtaking grand entrance, and sleek modern design then the Waldorf Astoria is for you. The resort offers a signature attentive service, with ten stylish restaurants and lounges, and elegant accommodation with pristine views of the Arabian shoreline. The hotel has over 10 luxuriously designed spacious rooms, suites and apartments available for daily and short term rentals that suit the styles and desires of many preferences.
Some of the outstanding options available are listed and shown below:
- King Tower suite
- King Deluxe with golf view
- King Deluxe room with sea view
- King Deluxe with Sea view & balcony
- King Classic Room
- Family Classic room
- Family Deluxe with the sea with and balcony
- Imperial Suite
- King Junior Suite
- King Royal Suite
Not only is the hotel a great place to sleep, relax and dine but to re-energize in the award-winning spa. That offers 12 large treatment rooms, as well as one VIP couples’ suite, a floatation bed for females and a hydrobath. The spa facilities also include male and female steam rooms and Waldorf Astoria’s signature herbal sauna.
(Try the virtual tour of the Spa click here )
Why not come to try one of the amazing fine dining restaurants located inside the hotel.
Dining Options at Waldorf Astoria:
- Le Diwan – Discover Arabian culture and cuisine at Le Diwan, a stylish lounge with shisha, an array of mezze, Arabic juices and hot beverages.
- Marjan – Indulge in traditional Arabic specialities or enjoy a bespoke shisha on the terrace of Marjan.
- Qasr Al Bahar – ‘Cross borders’ with your taste buds at Qasr al Bahar in the Ras Al Khaimah Resort hotel.
- Lexington Grill – Savor steak and seafood at Lexington Grill, featuring an Oyster Bar, wine cellar, Long Bar and private rooms.
- Umi – Sample delicacies from Japan in the Waldorf Astoria resort hotel’s first-floor restaurant.
- Peacock Alley – A modern reflection of the first Peacock Alley, this Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah Resort’s lounge captures immediate attention.
- Azure – Dine on casual Italian fare by the poolside at Azure or swim up to the pool bar for a refreshing, cool beverage.
- Camelia – Meet friends and family at Camelia for lively conversation in the lounge and a favourite beverage or shisha.
- 17 Squared – 17Squared offers guests an intimate venue to enjoy signature beverages and interior design with a little bit of bling.
- Siddharta Lounge – The iconic restaurant, lounge, and bar boast a fresh urban ambience with breathtaking 360-degree views of The Arabian Gulf.
For information and reservations in any of the dining options mentioned above please call 07 203 5533 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ritz Carlton is a key player in luxury hotels in Ras Al Khaimah. Not only do they offer luxury desert experiences and villa rentals. They also offer unique tranquillity on the beach resort. Some people are lovers of the beach and sea. So, if that’s you and you’re seeking a beach getaway. Come visit this beautiful resort based in Al Hamrah village. It’s a small boat ride to the resort at the back of Al Hamrah Mall.
You can participate in any of the daily activities such as yoga on the beach, fishing, kayaking, swimming in the clean blue ocean, or even play golf in the adjacent Al Hamra Golf Club. Which includes 18 holes of beachfront play.
The Ritz Carlton Al Hamra Beach offers a variety of dining signature experiences:
- Destination Dining – “Destination Dining” is a culinary experience that allows you to enhance your stay, by choosing a private spot around the resort on the beachfront or in your villa cabana to enjoy a bespoke dining experience.
- Beachfront Showdowners – daily at sunset on the Shore House deck, to enjoy spectacular sunset views while sipping on a refreshing, exotic creation from our bartenders or take a dip in the resort’s infinity pool, (open daily 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm).
- BBQ DIY – What about showing your barbecue skills to your friends? Bring the heat to your table, cook your own chicken and beef skewers on table BBQ. Complete the evening with ice-cold drinks and enjoy a 50% savings on our selected beverage menu. (Every Wednesday 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm Cost is AED 129 per person.)
- Barefoot Brunch at the Shorehouse – The menu highlights a wide selection of seafood, home-smoked beef ribs, freshly shucked oysters, and more. Crowned with stunning views of the Arabian Gulf, lounge seating and a cocktail bar on the beach, live DJ and after-brunch beach party. The exclusive Barefoot Brunch is an escape to paradise. (Every 2nd and 4th Friday of the month, 1:00 pm. to 4:00 pm)
- Sailor package: AED 295 per person, inclusive of soft drinks and juices
- Captain package: AED 395 per person, inclusive of a selection of beers and wines
- Lion of the Sea package: AED 450 per person, inclusive of a selection of beers, wines, spirits, and cocktails
(Additional beverages charged upon consumption.
Limited availability. Advance reservations required, subject to availability. )
- Sunset Cruise – Sail off to a magnificent romantic celebration at the “Lion of the Sea” as you enjoy a specially arranged picnic aboard of The Ritz-Carlton boat with your loved one and witness the stunning sun setting over the Arabian Gulf. (AED 199 per person, includes picnic basket and soft beverages. Advance reservation required. Subject to availability and weather conditions.)
To make a reservation call +971 7 204 8888 or email
The Cove Rotana is an experience you will not forget. The hotel is cleverly built into the coastline and overlooks the vast blue Arabian ocean. The resort has over 200 stylish and cosy rooms sat within the resort hillside, which is ideal for couples or solo travellers. They also offer unique villas with one, two or three bedrooms, some with waterside locations and outdoor jacuzzis perfect for families or groups of friends.
The Cove Rotana offers a number of excellent restaurants and bars to dine-in:
- Basilico Mediterranean – Mediterranean-inspired dishes with an emphasis on Italian cuisine.
- Cinnamon – all-day dining restaurant showcasing the best of international cuisine and Oriental specialities.
- Breeze Bar & Lounge – From an informal afternoon tea or coffee with colleagues, to cocktails, mocktails or mixers with friends on the spacious outdoor terrace, Breeze Bar & Lounge, located in our main lobby, is the place to socialise and relax. This popular venue also offers light snacks and the choice of sweet treats from the cake and pastry counter.
- Breakers Beach Bar & Lounge – For the ultimate casual dining experience head to Breakers Beach Bar & Lounge where you can feel the sand beneath your feet and admire uninterrupted sea views while you sip a cocktail or dine on a range of international cuisine from our wide-ranging menu.
- Laguna Bay Bar – is an intimate café and bar with a tranquil ambience. Located by our lower pool, guests can also enjoy cold snacks, fresh juices and iced blends while they unwind and savour the resort lifestyle.
- Sunset Pool Bar – located by the upper pool where you can relax and sip on iced drinks, juices and cocktails at your leisure. Sink into the contemporary rattan furniture with comfortable cushions and let the sea breeze wash over you. Our canvas umbrellas and refreshing blends will also help you keep your cool.
- In-room dining service available 24 hours a day and just a phone call away.
Enjoy some fun-filled family time, keep fit or simply relax and be pampered at The Cove Rotana Resort, which features a raft of leisure facilities for guests of all ages including a Bodylines Fitness & Wellness Club with a fully-equipped gym, separate spa facilities with seven massage rooms, two infinity pools and a children’s pool, a 600-metre private beach, water sports galore, a raft of fitness activities, from boot camp to boxing, and a Flipper’s Kid’s Club.
If you are planning a meeting, seminar, workshop, conference or social gathering to remember, choose from our three fully-equipped and flexible meeting rooms or treat your guests to a culinary experience at one of our restaurants, bars or lounges. For a team-building exercise with the punch, make use of our impressive beach and sports facilities.
Watch the sunset over the sea from a stylish room or beach villa at Hilton Ras al Khaimah Resort and Spa. All 475 rooms, suites and villas feature complimentary internet access and a private balcony or patio. For a truly unforgettable experience, our Royal Suite offers a private steam room, sauna and Turkish Hammam.
Dining and entertainment are at the heart of the experience at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, with spectacular views, cuisine and delicious drinks in 9 exquisite venues:
- Al Maeda – outstanding contemporary Lebanese inspired restaurant – Al Maeda. Be entranced by the taste, colour and aroma of the Levant. Gather family and friends to sample delicious dishes including the smoked lamb Frikih and Fish Saiyadiah whilst enjoying an unforgettable dining experience with unobstructed views to the magnificent Arabian Gulf.
- Dome Lounge – Meet with business colleagues or friends to enjoy a sociable drink, or soak in the views of a glorious sunset on the outdoor terrace of the Dome Lounge. Choose from Dome Lounge’s extensive list of mocktails, cocktails, bubbly, and aperitifs. Try fresh salads, appetizers, and light meals to go along with the drinks. Plus, unwind to soothing live music played by the resident pianist at the Dome Lounge.
- Marahaba Cafe – Enjoy a hot cup of Arabic coffee with a side of fresh dates or take in the aroma of a freshly brewed cup of Chai with authentic Turkish delights. Marhaba located right at the lobby is the perfect spot for a blend of local tastes and culture.
- MAARID – From European cuisine to Middle Eastern delights, take a culinary trip around the world at Maarid. Start your day with a delicious, healthy Hilton breakfast. For lunch and dinner, choose from a buffet consisting of a variety of freshly prepared international specialities. Maarid also features live cooking stations.
- Piaceri da Gustare – Indulge in the finest à la carte Italian classics and pair with fine wines from an extensive collection. Perfect for couples, the restaurant’s wide selections of classic Italian dishes are a must-have during a trip to the Resort. Traditional Italian desserts, gelato, and sorbets add a fitting end to the delicious meal.
- Pura Vida – Serving a variety of international favourites during lunch and delicious Brazilian Churascco slow-grilled meat during dinner, Pura Vida is an absolute must during a trip to the resort. Choose from quesadillas, burgers or braised barbeque ribs all prepared with high-quality seasonal ingredients during lunch or explore a truly authentic unlimited Brazilian meat feast during dinner. Be sure to also try our signature Caipirinhas.
Himalayan Wellness Grotto Spa
- As a first of its kind in Ras Al Khaimah, the luxury Spa at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa has launched an all-new Himalayan Wellness Grotto to add to its extensive spa offering.
- The Himalayan Wellness Grotto will also be the home of unique Personal Yoga Sessions and Meditation Classes. Each session will be 30 minutes starting prices are from 100 AED.
- A special ladies spa night has also launched every Tuesday from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. where the Himalayan Wellness Grotto and Spa are open to ladies only and special discounts can be availed throughout the evening.
For bookings and reservations for dining or the spa call +971 7 228 8844 or email email@example.com.
The resort has a beautiful white beachfront resort on Marjan Island. It’s the perfect getaway for families and young couples. The resort has a 650-meter private beach, 7 outdoor heated pools and an indoor pool, 24-hour gym (Watch Video)
The Spa has 7 treatment rooms, whirlpool, sauna, steam room including a couple’s room. Lavish ballroom with 3 spacious breakout areas, 3 meeting rooms and a foyer with daylight. Plus a newly renovated kids club, an outdoor playground and a Pirate Boat aqua zone with water slides.
You can enjoy food and drinks in the resort at any of the following dining options:
- Al Marjan – all-day dining restaurant and is a combination of all the elements of world cuisine and local specialities represented in a truly international buffet, with innovative live cooking elements to give a creative atmosphere and focus on fresh products and innovative presentation of the meals.
- Boardwalk – Enjoy light meals, sandwiches and snacks in a cosy environment with casual ambience complemented by lounge music.
- Brasserie – offers a wide variety menu with classic European dishes, innovative mixes and some general great home-style food, as well as interesting beers, pronounced wines and great coffee menu.
- Meze – authentic Turkish restaurant will take you on a trip inspired by the beautiful colours and tastes of the orient’s spice markets. Enjoy great food in a stunning setting with a spacious terrace and panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf.
- Sanchaya – Savor the flavour of Asian cuisine with fresh ingredients and infusion of spices that will tackle your taste buds. Offering great indoor ambience and a large terrace with undisturbed views of the Arabian Gulf.
- ShoFee Rooftop Bar – Soak in the views of the Arabian Gulf from the 9th floor while you enjoy your Shisha and Arabic snack in this fully air-conditioned venue.
- The Anchor – is a maritime-inspired restaurant and bar, where you can relax with a cold drink over a game of darts or pool. Catch the game on one of the big screens as you chat with friends in our friendly gastro pub, inspired by British traditions. Linger over a menu of British classics and European favourites, or just select from our extensive beer and wine list. Wine is available by the glass or bottle. Party every Friday at the brunch after-party with a DJ and Saxophone mashup.
- Vespa – Enjoy a fun, friendly, family-style Italian restaurant. You will always get fresh ingredients and beautiful recipes, all filled with love and passion just the way mama used to make it.
For hotel bookings and dining reservations please call +971 7 203 0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ras al Khaimah features many shopping malls and bustling markets including Al Hamra Hamra Mall, Manar Mall, Al Naeem Mall and Al Muairedh Souq. Why not treat the family to a day out with a beautiful adventure to the Suwaidi Pearl Farm. Tick off your bucket list and fly fast and high through the World’s Longest Zipline Certified by Guinness World Records – The Jebel Jais Flight, fly in a microlite plane or get your PADI Certifed scuba diving license.
Looking for inspiration or ideas?
The information on this website is valid at the time of publishing and is subject to change at any point. The Happiivue is not affiliated with any of the mentioned organizations/parties. This blog is for educational, motivational and inspirational purposes.
All content posted and shared on The Happiivue is to support the economic growth and development of the Northern Emirates and to encourage people and families to visit Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates and fall in love with the place.
Ras Al Khaimah | Hotels in RAK | Best Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah | Places to Stay in Ras Al Khaimah | UAE Hotels | Hotel Resorts |Luxury Hotels UAE